Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's OK, there's no room on that plate for a biscuit anyhow.

I think I need some of that mac and cheese . . . yummy.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cheese sauce is one of the easiest things in the world to make

-butter
-heavy cream (milk will work in a pinch, but will make much more liquid-y sauce)
-shredded cheese (duh)
-flour
-S&P to taste

Melt the butter in your sauce pan over medium heat until it's melted, but not rapidly bubbling. Remove from heat, give it about 5 seconds to sit, then add your cream (you don't want it to curdle). Whisk rapidly, until it's hot but not boiling, then start adding cheese. For this one, I used sharp cheddar and a medium cheddar/jack combination. Then add your flour, just a little bit at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. I like it to be almost solid, the rest of the family likes it a little more liquid than that. If it gets too thick, add more butter and cream.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

"If you don't like it, add more butter and cream."

Sounds like a pretty universal recipe fix. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Cheese sauce is one of the easiest things in the world to make

-butter
-heavy cream (milk will work in a pinch, but will make much more liquid-y sauce)
-shredded cheese (duh)
-flour
-S&P to taste

Melt the butter in your sauce pan over medium heat until it's melted, but not rapidly bubbling. Remove from heat, give it about 5 seconds to sit, then add your cream (you don't want it to curdle). Whisk rapidly, until it's hot but not boiling, then start adding cheese. For this one, I used sharp cheddar and a medium cheddar/jack combination. Then add your flour, just a little bit at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. I like it to be almost solid, the rest of the family likes it a little more liquid than that. If it gets too thick, add more butter and cream.

My wife's family uses this recipe for making cheese potatoes. Basically twice baked potatoes with ground beef mixed in and smothered in cheese sauce.

So...damn...good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Burgers and mac n' cheese, Captain style.

Beef patties mixed with onion, garlic and A1 sauce. Elbow noodles with homemade cheddar and jack cheese sauce.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you ever have trouble remembering how many tablespoons are in a quarter cup and other conversions, here's a handy dandy chart.

Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some pork tenderloin from cash n carry

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 06, 2017 8:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Limited time only, the Schoolhouse Rock burger.

Peanut butter, caramelized onions, beef patty, bacon, banana and strawberry jam. This thing is an unholy monstrosity that shouldn't taste good.... BUT IT DOES!

Sat May 20, 2017 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey cap I really admire your cooking skills, but I'm sorry you crossed some food lines here.

Sat May 20, 2017 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's make one thing plain: This wasn't my creation lol. Chef didn't even want this on the menu. The idea came from Dave one of the owners. When the guy who cuts your checks (and holds the lease on the building) says jump..... ect ect...

Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Let's make one thing plain: This wasn't my creation lol. Chef didn't even want this on the menu. The idea came from Dave one of the owners. When the guy who cuts your checks (and holds the lease on the building) says jump..... ect ect...

Didn't say it was your creation, but you are responsible for posting that food abomination. :045: I now need a shot of bleach to cleanse my mental palate.

Sat May 20, 2017 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:

Dave needs to quit getting stoned with the FSA order sheet in front of him...

That being said, a lot of the bacon, PBS & J, banana-ey stuff with bacon is supposed to be really good, and is popular all over the country....

Never tried it, just because there's always something way more inviting on the menu, to me.....

Sat May 20, 2017 11:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not gonna lie, when I was told about it, my first reaction was "UGH! GROSS!", but the combination of flavors is actually quite good.

It's total stoner food haha.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:

It's total diabetic/fat shooter guy/gout/pure heart attack food haha.

Fixed that for you.

One thing you will notice as you approach 60 (next year!) you just cannot power such things, especial sweet stuff. It will actually kill you. Not today, maybe not tomorrow, but if you aren't fat and dead at 60........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I mean... we also serve a burger with battered and deep fried bacon, topped with maple syrup and a fried egg. So there's that....

If you want healthy, non-fattening foods, Tipsy Cow isn't the place for you.

Side rant: It's also not the place for you if YOU'RE A FUCKING VEGAN. Do you know what we have on our menu for you? NOTHING. Shit, I suppose you could have a portobello cap. That's it. And only if we cook in a goddamn separate pan so it doesn't touch our grill (which will annoy the shit out of the cooks). I don't know how many times I'll see a fucking burger rung in "Sub Veggie patty" with the label "Vegan" attached to the order. Our buns have dairy and eggs! Our grill is liberally slathered in a layer of animal fat and melted cheese! THE VEGGIE PATTY IS MADE WITH EGG WHITES! THIS IS A FUCKING BURGER JOINT! GET OUT! Rant over.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next