Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thread for me to annoy all of y'all with pictures from culinary school and work in the kitchen.

To start with: Jordan's Game Burger, one of three burgers served at Adam's NW Bistro and Brewery in Monroe. Elk and bison patty with blackberry aioli and crispy onion straws. Comes regularly without cheese, but pairs well with pepperjack.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

This thread doesn't sound annoying at all! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

That burger looks damned good. What's the bun, is it something special? Does this burger come with the usual fries as a default, or something different?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
This thread doesn't sound annoying at all! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

That burger looks damned good. What's the bun, is it something special? Does this burger come with the usual fries as a default, or something different?

Brioche bun, which is standard on all three burgers. Also standard is french fries tossed in garlic and salted/peppered.

This week in school I'm on Fabrication station, so expect at least one picture of a cut up fish.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, that's looks good. What is the price for this burger and straws there?

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Oh, that's looks good. What is the price for this burger and straws there?

$16. Pricey for a burger, I know. (I don't mind, I don't pay for jack :bigsmile: )

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Id pay that for an Elk/Bison burger

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do they deliver?

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks delicious. Sad it is so far away from the South End. Although the brewery part of title provides extra encouragement to make a stop when I'm in the area.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I promised pictures of cut up fish. This happened yesterday. Salmon, unfortunately Atlantic farm raised, but still tasty.

What's left after you take out the tasty bits

Tomorrow I'm putting down a big batch of pork belly to marinade in an Asian ginger/garlic sauce, Friday it'll get braised.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A burger without cheese? Ha ha ha that's a good one...

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you pretzel buns as an option on any of your burgers?

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To my knowledge there is no other bun other than brioche in the restaurant. We do change up the menu every few months (seasonal).

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beer Hounds wrote:
A burger without cheese? Ha ha ha that's a good one...

The cheese distracts from the flavor of the game and the blackberry aioli. Believe me, a cheeseless burger was unthinkable to me, but after trying it both with and without, I'm a convert.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had to bow out of making the pork belly at school today, not enough time and didn't have all the ingredients I needed. So instead I made duck!

Duck glazed with red wine and sherry sauce, seasoned with thyme and rosemary, with stewed cherries. Served over vegetables roasted in duck fat. Gawd DAYUM that was good.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn. That looks good. I'm a sucker for some good duck.
How are you enjoying culinary school? I fart around in the kitchen but my knife cuts need help and I have very little creativity, lol

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next