Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Dickeys sucks so bad. On of the very very few places I've gone and asked for my money back. First time was okish, par for the nw bbq, the second time was dry and the sides were shit too. Hardly any smoke on the meat, the coleslaw was the worst I've ever had and the mac n cheese was one step above kraft.

Each to their own, I suppose. As I said, I didn't think their meat was the best I'd ever had (it wasn't terrible, just not great), but I really liked most of the sides. I would say the mac'n'cheese was my least favorite of the four I had (okra, creamed spinach, coleslaw and mac), but I enjoyed it. I can't think of another place in the area that even serves fried okra. As someone who ate said fried food everytime I visited my family in Indiana/Kentucky, I'm glad to find a place that offers it (and well, to boot), and am willing to overlook a few shortcomings for it.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Dickeys sucks so bad. On of the very very few places I've gone and asked for my money back. First time was okish, par for the nw bbq, the second time was dry and the sides were shit too. Hardly any smoke on the meat, the coleslaw was the worst I've ever had and the mac n cheese was one step above kraft.

Each to their own, I suppose. As I said, I didn't think their meat was the best I'd ever had (it wasn't terrible, just not great), but I really liked most of the sides. I would say the mac'n'cheese was my least favorite of the four I had (okra, creamed spinach, coleslaw and mac), but I enjoyed it. I can't think of another place in the area that even serves fried okra. As someone who ate said fried food everytime I visited my family in Indiana/Kentucky, I'm glad to find a place that offers it (and well, to boot), and am willing to overlook a few shortcomings for it.

Have you tried these guys Cap?

http://bbqpetes.com/

I have been meaning to give them a shot.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have not. I am very rarely in that area... looks good though.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 pm
Profile WWW

Captain90s wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Churches chicken does, hell I've bought it in the frozen section at walmart. I've had bbq in Texas and Carolina dickeys ain't got anything on bbq. It's a waste of time. Iv3 been to saltlick it's not as awesome as they say it is.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, man, you've made your point.

On a different subject: Supposedly we're debuting the corned beef brisket sandwich this coming week at Tipsy Cow!

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Ok, man, you've made your point.

On a different subject: Supposedly we're debuting the corned beef brisket sandwich this coming week at Tipsy Cow!

Fucker. Not tonight? You be there tonight? IF I can talk the wife into a greasy burger........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will be there tonight. I don't think we'll have the brisket tonight, probably next monday or tuesday (your mileage may vary, I am not a lawyer).

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
I am not a lawyer

You say that like it's a bad thing!

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just read the whole thread, took a couple of days. Not many of the pictures came through but, most of the descriptions sounded delicious. A Tipsy Cow road trip may be in the near future!

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

obvious_man wrote:
I just read the whole thread, took a couple of days. Not many of the pictures came through but, most of the descriptions sounded delicious. A Tipsy Cow road trip may be in the near future!

Yeah, I started out just hotlinking the pictures from Facebook, but apparently those links expire after a set amount of time. I've been trying to remember to upload pictures to Imgur before posting here.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's here at long last!! Tipsy Cow's "Luck O' The Irish" corned beef sandwich!!!!

Comes with mustard aioli, cabbage and onions, house-made corned beef, and optional fried egg.

Without Egg

With Egg and optional (but highly suggested) pint of Guiness.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With egg, me want now!

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
With egg, me want now!

It's available until the end of March.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh fork yes!!!

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:58 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

golddigger14s wrote:
With egg, me want now!

:plusone:

That looks delicious.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next