Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great quality thread here. Nice job Captain. I can appreciate the passion you have for food, and you have made me H U N G R Y !

Divided we fall.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Great quality thread here. Nice job Captain. I can appreciate the passion you have for food, and you have made me H U N G R Y !

Thank you, sir. I'm still kicking myself for letting all those pictures in the early pages lapse off of Facebook. Some of them were great!

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I had a chat with Keith (one of the owners of Tipsy Cow and Brix). Apparently this third Tipsy location is much further along than I had previously thought. Purchase negotiations are underway for a location in the Renton Highland area, near "the movie theater". Where that is, I'm not certain (I'm not familiar with the area, and haven't set foot there for at least 10+ years).

Before anyone asks, it is highly unlikely that I will be working at the new location. While I may be there for opening night (the most experienced people are usually tapped for that), I have no desire to commute to Renton from Kirkland. Once B and I move back to the Sky Valley, that desire will increase ten fold.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not aware of a movie theater in the Renton Highlands . . . anyone? Am I just not aware of it?

Is Keith talking about The Landing, maybe?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:11 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Maybe he meant Battle Ground.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Maybe he meant Battle Ground.

I will cut you so bad, you wish I no cut you so bad....
:ROFLMAO:

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I'm not aware of a movie theater in the Renton Highlands . . . anyone? Am I just not aware of it?

Is Keith talking about The Landing, maybe?

I honestly have no idea, I haven't been down in that area, as I said, for some time. Keith was also part-way through his third drink so maybe he misspoke?

Last edited by Captain90s on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To someone not familiar with the area, there are signs as you exit the freeway that are marked for the Renton Highlands, so he could have seen those signs as he drove, or was driven, to a location at The Landing.

Equally likely, a commercial real estate agent could mention the theatres as 'down the hill', as a selling/leasing point for the space.

My bet would be The Landing, though. Lot of competition for the food dollars there, and stuff moves & out of there a bit.

Either way, definitely have to come watch you throw tomatoes at the dishwasher on opening night :thumbsup2:

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

Either way, definitely have to come watch you throw tomatoes at the dishwasher on opening night :thumbsup2:

Watch what we do to the expos with paprika :thumbsup2:

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I don't want to live up there in that big filthy city that stretches from just south of Olympia all the way up to the Canadian border... But you guys who live close to Reid's workplace are some lucky sumbitches.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I don't want to live up there in that big filthy city that stretches from just south of Olympia all the way up to the Canadian border... But you guys who live close to Reid's workplace are some lucky sumbitches.

Maybe. If you don't know a place or randomly walk into a restaurant around these parts you could get some nasty ass chow.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thinking of smoking a brisket on Saturday. Bought it from Costco a couple weeks ago, had it in the freezer since then, gonna pull it out today and let it thaw....

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brisket Day is here!

5 1/2 lb brisket flat, first brushed with dijon mustard and pickle brine, then seasoned with pepper and salt

Next smothered in cayenne pepper and brown sugar, draped with bacon (to offset the lack of a proper fat cap)

Set on to smoke with mesquite chips and a beer/water pan to hydrate. Awkward propane/smoke box setup is awkward.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forgot to post the picture of the end product.

Brisket after 6 hours of smoking. For some reason, all the brown sugar melted off the brisket, rather than forming the nice crust it was supposed to. I'm not sure why, it's never done that before.

It was more well-done and "pot roasty" than briskets I've cooked in the past, but it was still damn tasty!

Brisket, home made potato salad, home made mac n cheese, and corn on the cob. There were supposed to be biscuits. However, in the middle of eating, the dog decided it was the time to escape, and in the process of madly dashing out the door to get her, the biscuits burnt. Oh well.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next