Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
I mean... we also serve a burger with battered and deep fried bacon, topped with maple syrup and a fried egg. So there's that....

If you want healthy, non-fattening foods, Tipsy Cow isn't the place for you.

Side rant: It's also not the place for you if YOU'RE A FUCKING VEGAN. Do you know what we have on our menu for you? NOTHING. Shit, I suppose you could have a portobello cap. That's it. And only if we cook in a goddamn separate pan so it doesn't touch our grill (which will annoy the shit out of the cooks). I don't know how many times I'll see a fucking burger rung in "Sub Veggie patty" with the label "Vegan" attached to the order. Our buns have dairy and eggs! Our grill is liberally slathered in a layer of animal fat and melted cheese! THE VEGGIE PATTY IS MADE WITH EGG WHITES! THIS IS A FUCKING BURGER JOINT! GET OUT! Rant over.

GREAT RANT. You just wander into.........oh never mind.

A good burger one or twice a month definitely won't kill you. I still love your place, and if you want healthy, get the bison burger.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Limited time only, the Schoolhouse Rock burger.

Peanut butter, caramelized onions, beef patty, bacon, banana and strawberry jam. This thing is an unholy monstrosity that shouldn't taste good.... BUT IT DOES!

needs a little brie cheese to finish it. This type of combo is pretty popular right now.

Divided we fall.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have brie (used on our Winemaker burger). Charge ya an extra buck or two to add it :bigsmile:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun May 21, 2017 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Fri May 26, 2017 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What The Duck!?

The new specialty burger at Tipsy Cow. Truffle aioli, arugula, ground duck patty, truffled goat cheese, balsamic peaches and balsamic reduction. Limited time only.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
What The Duck!?

The new specialty burger at Tipsy Cow. Truffle aioli, arugula, ground duck patty, truffled goat cheese, balsamic peaches and balsamic reduction. Limited time only.

Can you place all that other junk on the side? Just the duck patty with aoli. The rest on the side. That will be my order. Around 6:30-7PM.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We certainly can do that. I would recommend, however, that you keep the cheese and the balsamic reduction. Absolutely delicious.

I'll be working tonight, so if you're coming, I'll see you tonight!

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duck burger has been selling like crazy, we're planning to keep it on the menu for a little while. C'mon down and try it!

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B bought a Tri-tip sirloin roast at Costco, marinated in bag. I was suspicious, but who am I to argue when my wife buys me meat? :bigsmile:

Decent size piece of meat, about 3 pounds.

B has this unfortunate liking for well done meat. I seared the roast on the grill, then switched to oven for the finishing temp. I tried to shoot so that the outer, thinner portion of the meat would be well done, and the interior with a little pink left to it. I sort of succeeded.

All in all, it was damn tasty, though I still think I'd prefer to marinade and treat my own roast.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been experimenting with glazes. On the left is maple syrup and brown sugar with cumin and cayenne. Right is brown sugar and honey with the same spices. Maple syrup won the taste test. Pork belly to be glazed with it, sit overnight, and be cooked tomorrow.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
I've been experimenting with glazes. On the left is maple syrup and brown sugar with cumin and cayenne. Right is brown sugar and honey with the same spices. Maple syrup won the taste test. Pork belly to be glazed with it, sit overnight, and be cooked tomorrow.

Outstanding!!!

I love to play the heat/sweet card. Cumin is an interesting addition.

A pinch or so of cinnamon might be a good bridge between the earthiness of the cumin, and the sweetness of the maple syrup and brown sugar.

I've used it as such a bridge in spicy ribs :bigsmile:

Either way, that pork belly should be great :thumbsup2:

Enjoy :cheers2:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am actually allergic to cinnamon. Sounds strange, I know. But it triggers violent projectile vomiting almost instantly. Taking the baking classes in culinary school was... interesting...

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting. Sorry to hear that.

I wonder if there is a difference between 'real' & ' fake' (cassia .vs Ceylon) with regard to allergies?

There's like a 1000 times more coumarin, which is actually bad for the liver, in cassia cinnamon.

Anyway, I'm sure the pork belly will be the bomb-diggity :thumbsup2:

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know that artificial cinnamon flavoring (like what's found in gum) doesn't actually trigger the vomiting, but I get a psychosomatic reaction where I get really really nauseous.

But even just smelling a large amount of it in the air can make me yak. There was a day in baking class where I walked into the bakery just as someone was pulling a huge tray of cinnamon rolls out of the rotary oven. I took two steps into the room, turned and projectile vomited into a garbage can, and immediately walked out. "See you guys later, I'm going home!"

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:05 am
Profile WWW

Captain90s wrote:

I do maple or honey and cock sauce. It's amazing on smoked pork chops and roast duck with some 5 spice. Adding sweet to the siracha really makes the garlic come out

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next