Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next
 Cookin' with Cap'n 

Thanks for sharing techniques!
My family enjoyed the pork belly recipe from awhile back!
Made it twice. once as a meal once as an appetizer.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New at Tipsy Cow: Mom's Meatloaf Sandwich. Meatloaf with house-made 1000 Island Dressing, lettuce, house pickles, and fried onions. Limited time special!

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been a while since I posted here.

Today I smoked a pork tenderloin using a smoke box and my gas grill.

Costco pork tenderloin, cost me $16.18 for this piece of meat (cut in half here)

Butterfly the loin, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of whiskey across the inside, let sit for 5 minutes. Apply your favorite BBQ rub, then dijon mustard and brown sugar. Close it, and apply more rub, mustard and brown sugar to the outside.

I added a large sprig of fresh rosemary at the last moment on the inside. Wrap bacon around it and tie it all shut. MORE BROWN SUGAR.

I made a glaze by melting 4 tablespoons of butter, adding bourbon and brown sugar, and boiling it until syrupy. I smoked the pork with hickory wood for 2 1/2 hours, applying the glaze every 20-30 minutes.

Not much of a smoke ring, but I attribute that to the fact that my smoker box is sitting adjacent to the meat, rather than below it. It was still delicious!!

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nicely Done :thumbsup2:

Sending a PM on a related topic...

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made myself a bomb-ass burger for dinner tonight. Beef patty, brie cheese, 3 pieces of bacon, and three deep fried pickles, with BBQ sauce and Tipsy Sauce.

Mid-way through service, a ticket comes through with an order for a cheese burger with EIGHT pieces of bacon on it. I had to photograph it for posterity. Yes, there is a beef patty under there somewhere. Also, the expo making a dumb face haha.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn you . . . my mouth just started watering.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two burgers, similar name. Drop and Stop I, Drop and Stop II.

Yeah I'd eat both. With relish! :thumbsup2:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can I just say that I am super disappointed that I couldn't make this my new avatar. The image is just a bit too big for the site's parameters, and resizing it made it go all fucky.

If you don't know, this is the FX show Archer, an episode where famous chef/traveler/eccentric Anthony Bourdain guest starred.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That Burger you made yourself for dinner.....Damn that looks good!

Nothing like a good Burger. :thumbsup2: :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:33 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Hi Cap'n.
I'll be at the Microsoft main campus for a week, wondered if you have any recommendations for a decent lunch where I can be back within an hour.

Thanks

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tipsy Cow's flagship location is in Redmond a few minutes away from you at 16345 Cleveland St, Redmond, WA 98052.

A few minutes in the other direction is Dickey's BBQ Pit, which I really enjoy. 14150 NE 20th St e, Bellevue, WA 98007. They're a chain, but they serve the only fried okra I can find in the area :thumbsup2:

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 on Tipsy Cow and Dickey's (not the best BBQ but still very good)

Other good places near MSFT are:

Taj Palace on 140th near the aforementioned Dickey's
Thai Ginger in Redmond Town Center
And there's a semi-secret John Howie restaurant called in.gredients in building 34. PM me and I'll tell you how to make reservations if you have Corp net access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kanishka for Indian in Redmond. It will be a sprint but there are tons of MS people in there at lunch.

Chinese would be Spiced in Bellevue. Not super far.

Tipsy cow is good.

Dickeys yeh I love that okra.

Sichuan by Sears can be good but hit and miss.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll agree that Dickey's isn't the best all around BBQ, but their sides are the best. Fried okra, creamed spinach, mac'n'cheese, coleslaw, it's all excellent.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile WWW

Dickeys sucks so bad. On of the very very few places I've gone and asked for my money back. First time was okish, par for the nw bbq, the second time was dry and the sides were shit too. Hardly any smoke on the meat, the coleslaw was the worst I've ever had and the mac n cheese was one step above kraft.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next