Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: what did you cook today thread

Sat May 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Just an FYI as it seems the poster cannot read a calendar. But it is tomorrow....

Massivedesign wrote:Not cooking, but preparing to. Tomorrow this pork belly will get sliced up into 1" cubes and turned into burnt ends. Mmmmmm. This will be documented.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:53 pm

A frozen Pizza...Two of them as a matter of fact. :bigsmile:

Sat May 20, 2017 9:13 pm

costco pizza :throwup: fucking dough is out of this world gross

Sat May 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Wife's family is over for "movie night"...

Made beef fajitas with all the fixins'....tortillas, marinated skirt steak, marinated peppers, sliced radishes, chopped cabbage , avocado, sour cream, limes, etc., and, what the family calls 'crack sauce', a Venezuelan sauce that has mangos, peppers, cilantro, and tons of spices, that my family says to bottle (lol!)...., and of course refrained beans, and rice.

Also made chicken shawarma .....

So, the idea is you could make a salad, a fajita, or a shawarma, depending on how hungry you were, and what your dietary issues were.....

So, they show up, eat light at first....then tell lies & stories....then eat a bigger meal....then settle in for a movie....

They are now eating round 2, prepping for next movie....

I am now in the bedroom with a beverage and the pets :cheers2:

Sun May 21, 2017 11:13 am

Just put two racks of ribs on the grill: one rack SLC pork spare ribs and another rack of beef back ribs. Best of both worlds.

The Goods
DSCN1629.JPG

DSCN1630.JPG

The Accompaniment
DSCN1631.JPG

Corn on the cob and jalapeno poppers go on the grill later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 27, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm about to throw some "Moink Balls" on the Weber. 60-40 ground pork to beef with a Bacon wrap, about 1 to 2 1/2" inches around, your choice. Run 'em up to 145 degrees internal and then glaze with your favorite BBQ sauce creation for the last 10 minutes or 165, whatever comes first.

Tomorrow is Smoked "Fatties" and then Ribs for Memorial day. :thumbsup2:

Sun May 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Did about 15 LBS of pork butt for pulled pork tomorrow. Tomorrow I am doing ribs.

Sun May 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Great job, pulled clean too. :thumbsup2:

I did a couple "Fatties", turned out well.

Mon May 29, 2017 6:53 pm

st Louise ribs
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Slow cooked ribs - brined, rinsed, then dry rubbed, smoked with apple wood, doused with sauce then idled for an hour or so. So tender and flavorful, yet juicy. Wife made teriyaki chicken kabobs for the non pork people. Also made tater salad, pickled beets, roasted asparagus, fruits, etc. Tasty!

Mon May 29, 2017 7:28 pm

St. Louis Ribs....just about to pull them now. Corn on the Cob and some Homemade Macaroni solid to go with.

Mon May 29, 2017 9:14 pm

My electric smoker crapped out on me today. Had to finish my herbed turkey breast in the oven. Still amazingly good.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:53 pm

strawberry rubarb

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Sirloin steak, (it was on sale) marinated in a soy, Worcestershire, red wine marinade from Colorado Cache cookbook, grilled medium rare and some grilled acorn squash with butter and brown sugar. Tasty! No pics, I was in a hurry.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:57 am

2/3 pound of Ahi tuna steak for lunch. It smiled at me while I was passing by the counter at QFC, seafood guy agreed it was the best one they had.
Lightly seasoned, coated with olive oil, 1.25 min in the Foreman Grill.
I could eat this all day!
Here's a pic of the second half.

Post a reply