Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 New WA egg law has prices soaring 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/ ... r-BB1iynNg

Quote:
All eggs sold in Washington have to be sold under an Egg Handler/Dealer License that is available from the Department of Revenue. For more information on egg handler dealer licensing please visit Department of Revenue's web page for detailed information. The humane handling expectations are changing soon.

On or after January 1, 2024, chicken egg producers with more than 3,000 laying hens will have to attest to the following in order to receive their Egg Handler Dealer endorsement from the Department of Revenue.

I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure, and I have determined, that all new or renewal applications submitted under RCW 69.25.050 on or after January 1, 2024, must include proof that all eggs and egg products provided in intrastate commerce by the applicant (including eggs brought in from out of state for resale) are produced by commercial egg layer operations that meet the 2017 edition of the United Egg Producers Animal Husbandry Guidelines for United States Egg-Laying Flocks: Guidelines for Cage-Free Housing, or a subsequent version of the plan recognized by the Washington State Department of Agriculture as providing equal or more usable floor space per egg-laying hen and, in addition, are operated to the standards identified in RCW 69.25.107.
Name of your 3rd party “cage free” accreditation company:_______

So, not only are they banning any eggs that aren't 'cage free', they're requiring an 'accreditation company' do an inspection to verify they're 'cage free'...

No more $1.29 dozen eggs in WA.. They're all like 5$ now..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:24 am

I noticed that Safeway changed their egg cartons to all say 'cage free' and that the prices have crept up too --- I was annoyed at paying $3 for a dozen.... I actually sprung the extra 0.20 to get the 'xtra large' over their large eggs since the 'large' eggs seem to be getting smaller and smaller.
I haven't seen their eggs (or anyone elses) go on sale for the $1-1.50/doz since before Xmas....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So if your neighbor sells eggs to you: SHUT YOUR YAP about it. OP/SEC

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Correction, not a 'law', but a rule... by decree..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Who has neighbors that have 3000 laying hens?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

NARC! I AIN'T SAYIN' SHIT!

:bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Not to worry. Those places will mysteriously catch fire and burn down.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
New WA egg law has prices soaring

Let me fix that for you:

Quote:
"New WA" pushing poor people out any they can.

The New Washington is coming. Wait until the cheapest tire we can buy is $200.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope one of these growers gets frustrated, and doesnt go for the egg lic..... And instead makes a big deal about how he is selling chicken instead!

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

guess INSLIME is in favor of peta

went shopping tonight shit $7 for 12 $20 for 5 dozen

whats inslime gonna do when he see a semi with caged chicken going thru tukwilla in morn?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

I'm sure this will be like gun control. Starts off at 3,000 hen commercial producers, then small family farmers... then down to hobbyists.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1.29 a dozen eggs aren't worth eating. They are doing you a favor. Stop eating garbage food.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:07 am

mcyclonegt wrote:
1.29 a dozen eggs aren't worth eating. They are doing you a favor. Stop eating garbage food.

Olympia can take their "favors" and f--- themselves right up their Commie traitor asses with 'em.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:

In my experience store bought cage free eggs do not hold a candle to true free roaming eggs.

Store bought cage free are barely a shade different from $1.29 eggs. Both pale in comparison to a true cage free egg. Pun intended.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haha, I was being sarcastic about the “favor”. I agree, my eggs are a 10, 1.29 a dozen are a 1, store bought cage free might be a 3. My new round of baby chicks came in the mail yesterday. Wonder how many I can get in a mil surp ambulance.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next