Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: In-N-Out info wanted

Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:24 pm

In n Out is not a gourmet diner.

Its a fast food joint/franchise.

They compete with mcdonalds, wendys, b-king, arbys etc.

They have fresher food, WAY better prices. Its a great place. $7.15 for a burger, fries AND a shake. Hardto beat that for about $7 :thumbsup2:

How much is a burger, fries AND a shake at Dick? :popcorn:

Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Those aren’t the current prices.

And the double-double, fries, & a coke is $9.00 + now, depending on location.

Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:24 pm

NWGunner wrote:Those aren’t the current prices.

And the double-double, fries, & a coke is $9.00 + now, depending on location.

This is the menu at the Keizer Or location. Similar to our area/economy.

So a Cheeseburger and fries AND a shake is $8.55,

I apologize that my first example was outdated and 15 percent lower than the current pricing.

I ask again, how much to eat a dick? Ive never been there. Since everyone wants to compare the two.

Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:37 pm

Looks like a cheese burger, fries, and shake at dicks is 9.65. Cheaper than I figured for a seattle based drive in.

Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:43 pm

I never said anything about Dick’s, so, I’ll let you do a search on their prices.

And I’m not sure the statement that the “…Keizer, OR, location. (is) Similar to our area/economy. is accurate.

The population is 39,000.

But, in the end, the OP is just asking if it’s worth the hype.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:43 am

:throwup: :thumbsdown:

Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:59 am

Proof that Idaho has been Kalifornicated. Resist the urge.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:43 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:Proof that Idaho has been Kalifornicated. Resist the urge.

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:14 pm

Who is eating In-N-Out fries naked? Animal Style all the way!

Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:11 am

Better than Dick's.

Kinda sloppy IMHO. Farmer Boys in So Cal better.

Five Guys close IF the buns are fresh that day (lately NOT)

I have to say and I remember - I love the taste of real beef, just a little gamey grassy - I am not a huge Red Robin fan. BUT one time, Red Robin in Woodinville gave me the best burger I ever had. Since has not repeated. Good steer that single day!

Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:33 am

i worked at in-n-out for two years before i joined the army. never got sick of the burgers and fries the entire time i worked there and still enjoy a good burger from in-n-out every time i go to cali or vegas.

here's my burger order:

double double, animal style, add whole grilled onion, extra chopped onion, medium rare (sometimes i have them cut in half)
ask for banana peppers on the side

as for the fries, you're crazy if you think the fries suck. ask for fries a bit more crispy than regular and you'll see how good they are. also, salt the fries yourself, we are WERE trained to hand out fries with low sodium

Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:36 am

Mr. Q wrote:i worked at in-n-out for two years before i joined the army. never got sick of the burgers and fries the entire time i worked there and still enjoy a good burger from in-n-out every time i go to cali or vegas.

here's my burger order:

double double, animal style, add whole grilled onion, extra chopped onion, medium rare (sometimes i have them cut in half)

as for the fries, you're crazy if you think the fries suck. ask for fries a bit more crispy than regular and you'll see how good they are. also, salt the fries yourself, we are WERE trained to hand out fries with low sodium

:bow: :wagwoot: :thumbsup2:

Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:42 am

Pablo wrote:
Mr. Q wrote:i worked at in-n-out for two years before i joined the army. never got sick of the burgers and fries the entire time i worked there and still enjoy a good burger from in-n-out every time i go to cali or vegas.

here's my burger order:

i just read what you wrote before me. FARMER BOYS!!!!! among the top 5 burgers i've ever had my life, but could also be because i had it when i was a kid LOL

Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:05 am

Mr. Q wrote:
Pablo wrote:

here's my burger order:

i just read what you wrote before me. FARMER BOYS!!!!! among the top 5 burgers i've ever had my life, but could also be because i had it when i was a kid LOL

As of last month still really good.

Side note: I allow myself a burger every month or two so it better be good. :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:06 am

Way back in the '90s before Bend, OR went to Hell, the drive-in at Pilot Butte was pretty good.

For me on fries? Five Guys, extra crispy, barest hint of salt. Still looking for a good mom-n-pop burger if there are any left... almost everybody now uses either Sysco or US Foodservice catalog recipes which end up the same homogenized blah under different cutesy names. Granted, I'm not helped by a wheelchair-bound ball and chain...

Where are the good eats LEFT in the South King/West Pierce Counties area?
Post a reply