Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
 Grocery Store Deals of the Week 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Not much of a secret when you big mouths keep blabbing about them! You're killing me!

KYLE! KYLE!! KYLE!!

I think madpick and I can get you started :bigsmile:
said fudge it got another 6lbs, full cow gonna wait a little longer

18lbs...

Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

stompah wrote:
For those of you that have roasted/smoke the ribs themselves was it worth it?

I've been eating nothing but beef back ribs (the ribs off the ribeye) for the last three nights. As I was able to cut them off myself in most cases (except for one that was pre-cut by Safeway), I made sure that the ribs got a little more meat than usual.

I had these tonight:

And yeah, they've been damned good. I seasoned them, put them on the pellet smoker at 180 (max smoke) for an hour, then another two hours at 250, then wrapped them in foil and cooked another two hours still at 250. At that point, the meat was in the 205-210 range, and I pulled them off and let them rest for an hour before eating.

I smoked all of them at once, and then had leftovers for the following two nights. For leftovers, I put them in the air fryer at 360 for 8 minutes.

:inlove:

Back to JMB's preview of this upcoming week's sale at Safeway . . . sure 'nuff, their sale on ribeye and NY strip roasts is continuing. Fred Meyer is also continuing their ribeye roast sale. They all still have the "limit 1" restriction, and I don't know if your limit gets reset or if last week's purchase will count against you.

It doesn't really matter to me, my freezer is full. :ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:59 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Those ribs look amazing!

Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Those ribs look amazing!

:plusone: :thumbsup2:

Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
usrifle wrote:
I had it somewhat backwards on the Rib number for the Chuck eye steaks, here's the info on them.

"Tender rib-eyes come from the sixth to twelfth ribs of a cow; butchers cut the chuck eye from the fifth rib. This proximity means the chuck eye steak shares many of the characteristics of a rib-eye. Although chuck eye steaks aren't always available—there are just two per cow—they tend to be a budget-friendly cut of meat when you can find them."

https://www.thespruceeats.com/chuck-eye ... ifth%20rib.

Not much of a secret when you big mouths keep blabbing about them! You're killing me!

Hah!

Me. Steve, Chris and a couple other guys are planning a trip to Burlington to buy up all the Chuck eye Steaks in the area. We already got all the one's down here. :wink05:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
stompah wrote:
For those of you that have roasted/smoke the ribs themselves was it worth it?

I've been eating nothing but beef back ribs (the ribs off the ribeye) for the last three nights. As I was able to cut them off myself in most cases (except for one that was pre-cut by Safeway), I made sure that the ribs got a little more meat than usual.

I had these tonight:

And yeah, they've been damned good. I seasoned them, put them on the pellet smoker at 180 (max smoke) for an hour, then another two hours at 250, then wrapped them in foil and cooked another two hours still at 250. At that point, the meat was in the 205-210 range, and I pulled them off and let them rest for an hour before eating.

I smoked all of them at once, and then had leftovers for the following two nights. For leftovers, I put them in the air fryer at 360 for 8 minutes.

:inlove:

Back to JMB's preview of this upcoming week's sale at Safeway . . . sure 'nuff, their sale on ribeye and NY strip roasts is continuing. Fred Meyer is also continuing their ribeye roast sale. They all still have the "limit 1" restriction, and I don't know if your limit gets reset or if last week's purchase will count against you.

It doesn't really matter to me, my freezer is full. :ROFLMAO:

That looks good. Makes me want to do an over night smoke and have that for breakfast lol.

Need to find my vacuum seal bags, then I'm gonna chop them up.

I didn't look hard to see if the bones have been separated or not. I just figured they were, if not it isn't a big deal. If not I'll do like you and leave some meat on the bone for smoking.

I'll pop in Safeway and see if I can find a few more. I really wanted the sirloin, but not if they are all like what I saw. Although, I could use the fat to make tallow.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Those ribs look amazing!

:plusone: :thumbsup2:

Drool! :bow:

Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Me. Steve, Chris and a couple other guys are planning a trip to Burlington to buy up all the Chuck eye Steaks in the area. We already got all the one's down here. :wink05:

A roving meat gang, invading turf!

Chuck eye bandits? The bloody chucks? Beef with beef? Tallow whackers? Bovine badasses? :ROFLMAO:

Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
usrifle wrote:
I had it somewhat backwards on the Rib number for the Chuck eye steaks, here's the info on them.

"Tender rib-eyes come from the sixth to twelfth ribs of a cow; butchers cut the chuck eye from the fifth rib. This proximity means the chuck eye steak shares many of the characteristics of a rib-eye. Although chuck eye steaks aren't always available—there are just two per cow—they tend to be a budget-friendly cut of meat when you can find them."

Hah!

Good luck! I've been on a mission to buy all that I can for many years, but alas, not common as there is only one eye per side. Safeway seems to always be more lucky for them than Fred Meyer. Not sure if we've ever found them at Haggen. Legit my favorite, dare I say even more than a ribeye......

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Safeway renewed 2 deals from last week - Bone-in rib roast @ $5.97 / lb & New York strip roast @ $4.97 / lb. Both are Choice grade.
You have to use the Safeway app to apply a digital coupon and there's a limit of 1 of each. But...... have multiple phone #'s you can get the app on = buy more!
I bought one of the New York roasts last week, cut 1 1/2" thick steaks, and did a 4 hr sous vide on them. No need for any longer on decent steak, turned out awesome!

Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
usrifle wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Hah!

Good luck! I've been on a mission to buy all that I can for many years, but alas, not common as there is only one eye per side. Safeway seems to always be more lucky for them than Fred Meyer. Not sure if we've ever found them at Haggen. Legit my favorite, dare I say even more than a ribeye......

I can almost always get them here, I know a place. :wink05:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked up one of the NY strip roasts today, it just hit the oven. :thumbsup2:

Trying to restrain myself from picking up another Ribeye roast too. Rumor has it the forum meat whore just got another one today, but he'll have to confirm that. :ROFLMAO:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:47 pm

So whats the take on the NY roasts cut into steaks? Enough of you have got them --- are they worth it?
I keep seeing the nice bright red flat packs of NYs right next to the dark red roast bags --- I'm one that is happy to pick up a 'nice' steak on the $5 friday deals - I'm not stocking up like a meat whore..... How is the quality of the bagged 'roasts'? I'm starting to see more 'full bodied' roasts now and debating whether its really a good deal --- kinda bummed that the bags I see marked 'ANGUS' are still slivers....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:
Trying to restrain myself from picking up another Ribeye roast too. Rumor has it the forum meat whore just got another one today, but he'll have to confirm that. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah . . . I stopped keeping exact count, but I'm at right around 150 pounds of ribeye and 30 pounds of NY strip at this point. I keep thinking the freezer is full, but I keep finding just a little more space. :bigsmile:

Not sure if I'm done yet or not.

JohnMBrowning wrote:
So whats the take on the NY roasts cut into steaks? Enough of you have got them --- are they worth it?

I cut one of the NY strip roasts into steaks today:

I haven't eaten one yet, but I'm feeling pretty good about them. :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next