Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:53 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 277  Next
 what did you cook today thread 

No pictures, I'm afraid, but yesterday we hosted 15 people. I turned 2 pork shoulders in to chorizo-spiced pulled pork by cutting into chunks, applying rub and resting, then browning and braising in dos equis. I also did some chicken thighs sous-vide, and seared them in chicken fat. These were the protein choices for the tacos/burritos.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 pm

WanderingWalrus wrote:
No pictures, I'm afraid, but yesterday we hosted 15 people. I turned 2 pork shoulders in to chorizo-spiced pulled pork by cutting into chunks, applying rub and resting, then browning and braising in dos equis. I also did some chicken thighs sous-vide, and seared them in chicken fat. These were the protein choices for the tacos/burritos.

I bet your waist line is bigger than average...now I want tacos

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been hard at work making jerky on my Traeger for Christmas gift baskets. Doing some experiments with thicker cuts, sliced into strips since the butcher at my local Safeway doesn't understand the phrase: " can you slice this thin for jerky?"..... anyways, this should prove interesting...

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today I made my semi-weekly batch of Greek yogurt, normally my breakfasts, and promptly used almost all of it for chicken chipotle.

I regularly get "pollo chipotle" at Mexican restaurants, and it's damn good stuff but I've never tried making it before. Well, I have a potluck at work tomorrow so I went for it all . . . a single batch for home, and a quadruple batch for work!

Here's the quadruple batch, which perfectly filled up one large crockpot:

And here are some of the main ingredients: chicken, onions, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and a buttload of cheater minced Costco garlic:

Good shit. If anyone wants to try it, here's the recipe that I (mostly) followed:
Creamy Chipotle Chicken

If anyone has a similar recipe they recommend, I'd love to see it!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:47 pm

It's been a while since I contributed, so here we go.

I used Spam. It's not a thing I'd eaten before a year or so ago, and I finally have a recipe that's not Spam musubi, although, to be fair, it's not that far off, also being Hawaiian influenced. I made Spam and kimchi fried rice, with a poached egg.

You cook most of the things separately and then combine them. Cook the rice first, and let cool. Then fry the spam, put it to one side. Cook onion and kimchi, add the spam and mix, then put that all to one side. Fry half the rice, then fry the other half of the rice. Add the first half of the rice, some green onion and garlic. Combine those, then add the rest back in. Combine those, and then add the kimchi juice and toss to combine. Top with an egg cooked to your liking. I poached them this time.

More detailed recipe is here.

(Yes, mine has bell pepper in, too).

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lobster Tails

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bacon wrapped chicken breast W/ jalapeno and cheddar jack cheese, with asparagus.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tonight I.... burnt frozen french fries...... I hang my head in shame....

Here I am, a certified culinarian, and I just rendered an already inedible preprocessed food more inedible......

In truth, I got distracted moving stuff into the garage and forgot entirely that I'd put a tray of fries in for the kiddos.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:

Here I am, a certified culinarian, and I just rendered an already inedible preprocessed food more inedible......

In truth, I got distracted moving stuff into the garage and forgot entirely that I'd put a tray of fries in for the kiddos.

Look at it this way...you saved the children :thumbsup2:

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:36 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Captain90s wrote:

My mom once set water on fire. Shit happens.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Today I made my semi-weekly batch of Greek yogurt, normally my breakfasts, and promptly used almost all of it for chicken chipotle.

I regularly get "pollo chipotle" at Mexican restaurants, and it's damn good stuff but I've never tried making it before. Well, I have a potluck at work tomorrow so I went for it all . . . a single batch for home, and a quadruple batch for work!

Good shit. If anyone wants to try it, here's the recipe that I (mostly) followed:
Creamy Chipotle Chicken

If anyone has a similar recipe they recommend, I'd love to see it!

Wow just saw this. This looks amazing. I think we'll try this at home soon. Thank you Steve.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a 16+# brisket on the smoker meow.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a bunch of ribs

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Got a 16+# brisket on the smoker meow.

So how did the brisket turn out?

Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Smoked turkey breast again.

Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 277  Next