Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:38 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 balut 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so who here has done it? worth it? taste?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

no... but my father loves it...

it is a delicacy... best served with coconut wine or a flask of rum..

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:21 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I'd rather starve.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WHY?? and much like other nasty stuff....who were the first guinea pigs who even thought of some of this shit and then thought again to attempt to eat it

eat stuff fresh not half way to yuk

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of my best friends is Filipino and he loves this shit. I cant stand the smell of it, couldn't even think of eating it.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To each their own... I just say "Green eggs and ham, Sam I am"

Meaning stop talking and go try it or... Don't.

Fertilized eggs is the least gross thing I have tried and eaten. Just make sure it's not ready to hatch... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

figured that it would be an acquired taste. its just you see these odd foods outside of your norm and if they can eat it why not at least try it. walking thru china town you can see some really odd stuff, and unless someone I know knows how to make it or what to do with it I tend to pass.

Kind of like you tell em what it is no thanks, make em eat it first then give the answer you may like it.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Yummy!!!
This thread is making my mouth water. :thumbsup2:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm you're huckleberry.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Used to eat it a lot more when I was younger, so I don't know the deetz on the preparation other than boil it.

I do know the way we had it, there was nothing really solid, no crunching involved so it had to have been younger embryos. Crack the top using spoon, do not open the whole thing, sip that YUMMY JUICEY GOODNESS straight from the egg and drop some salt/pepper in and spoon that bish out. There is a solid part inside that is edible near the bottom, not sure what the hell it is but it's not bad. A soft crunch.

fucking stank ass asians and islanders.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have I been stranded on an island for a month? No, then :throwup:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Funny thing is when I was a young kid, I portrayed a hamburger as the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.
Kinda funny how different cultures view what is normal.
For real tho, don't knock it before you try it....simply delicious!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
Used to eat it a lot more when I was younger, so I don't know the deetz on the preparation other than boil it.

I do know the way we had it, there was nothing really solid, no crunching involved so it had to have been younger embryos. Crack the top using spoon, do not open the whole thing, sip that YUMMY JUICEY GOODNESS straight from the egg and drop some salt/pepper in and spoon that bish out. There is a solid part inside that is edible near the bottom, not sure what the hell it is but it's not bad. A soft crunch.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FZRider wrote:
UpDog wrote:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've never been served the Filipino version (where the embryo is only 9-17 days old, and has no beak or claws or solid bone development) but I have been served the Vietnamese version, where the embryo is exactly 21 days old (hatching generally occurs at 23 days, I believe) and the egg is dropped into boiling water, essentially boiling a duckling alive. The Viet version, at least what I had, was served with Sriracha, mint, pepper, and jalapeno chilies, all on a side plate.

Yes, I ate it. Two, actually. More out of politesse than anything else; I was a guest at the wedding of a friend. It was rather horrifying to think about later, but at the time, it was not so bad--the bones, beak and claws were all soft from being boiled, and I garnished mine liberally with the provided condiments. The fact that I also had a large (for me--I drink perhaps two glasses of wine per year, plus a few glasses of Glenlivet 15 here and there) quantity of alcohol on board probably helped considerably with my willingness to eat what was served. The taste was--well, mostly it tasted of Sriracha and the pepper and the mint. Very little inherent taste.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]