Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 If you don't like the price on something fine, BUT... 

Don't get in my face lecturing me about how you can go to all these other places and find it for so much less. After 5 minutes I'm going to either tune you out and walk away or say have a great time with those great deals at wherever. Especially when you're also telling me how you made the drive from wherever, because you've heard whatever. At that point you're like the guy who is getting tossed from the bar, or thinks he didn't get the correct change back, saying how he has a fifty in his pocket he was going to spend. And most especially when you're going to be rude about it.

Send a complaint about me to sales@i5guns.com and I'll make sure Tom sees it.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry. I was having a bad day.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys charged me too little on the last gun I bought there! I can get it more expensive anywhere else! I demand satisfac.... wait.

Umm never mind.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:29 am

kf7mjf wrote:
You guys charged me too little on the last gun I bought there! I can get it more expensive anywhere else! I demand satisfac.... wait.

Umm never mind.

For you my friend I will automatically give you that 10% negative discount. Just to make you feel better! :045:

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While shopping for my last pistol the first place I went to was way to high priced so I just stopped at a couple other shops and found one at a fair price so I bought it. I figure there is no need to bitch just take action and look around. I work retail and hear daily how the price on something is to high on this or that. We are there to help not to bitch at so I know what you are talking about.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Umm never mind.

For you my friend I will automatically give you that 10% negative discount. Just to make you feel better! :045:

This is the sort of customer service that keeps me coming back.

Also, I really need to get the time to swing by again.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
Don't get in my face lecturing me about how you can go to all these other places and find it for so much less. After 5 minutes I'm going to either tune you out and walk away or say have a great time with those great deals at wherever. Especially when you're also telling me how you made the drive from wherever, because you've heard whatever. At that point you're like the guy who is getting tossed from the bar, or thinks he didn't get the correct change back, saying how he has a fifty in his pocket he was going to spend. And most especially when you're going to be rude about it.

Send a complaint about me to sales@i5guns.com and I'll make sure Tom sees it.

Just another day behind the counter of a gun shop...
Remind me to tell you about the "Rolex guy" some time...

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

" My boss gave me permission to tell one unreasonable dick head asshole unreasonable customer per month to just fuck right off, and leave the property. I'm not gonna waste that opportunity on you. "

I worked retail at a place once where that was the line for - that guy.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not cut out for retail.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dedicated to all obnoxious retail customers who like to rip on underpaid staff:

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Can someone enlighten me? How many distributors do FFLs have to choose from? Seems to me like they all should have close prices but, of course some don't.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shops may all pay about the same from distributors (of course volume dictates prices too), but they are free to re-sell for any price they choose. That's the basics of capitalism- buy low and sell as high as you can. If the market won't support the price, they will either lower it or go bust. Simple economics.
Ppl that get all pissed about it just have nothing better to do sometimes!

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Even from the same distributor prices can vary. Or direct from the manufacturer. I know a place that sold so many DPMS rifles that they were able to sell them for less than other shops paid wholesale.

In this case, it was a used gun on consignment so the seller set the price mostly. It seemed within reason, if at the higher end. If it doesn't sell, he'll likely come down eventually.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Got it.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn I'm sure you remember the old soldier's saying that if someone isn't bitching they aren't happy.

Your prices, as far as I have seen, have been competitive. I might find something cheaper someplace else and I might not. Part of the reason you go to a place like I5 is for the knowledge base that is there as well as for the products. I have no problem with Cabellas or any large store but the customer service can be hit or miss at times, especially if you are looking for something that is not commonly sold. You and Tom have always been helpful with any questions that I have had, you have always treated my wife with respect and have never been condescending to her when she asks questions that may seem somewhat odd. This is a big plus as far as I am concerned and part of the reason that I come into the shop from time to time, even if it may cost me a few dollars more.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next