Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 the announcement? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so just curious what you mean by announcing a ffl transfer?

do I need to contact the King and have someone with a scroll come out and do a Here thee, Here thee, with trumpets a sounding

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

??? watcha talking about willis

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

they say they require an announcement of a ffl transfer otherwise its 100.00 yet they dont give any info on how they want you to do it?

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe tell them in advance?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:52 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just post it on WaGuns. "Dear I5 Guns & Ammo, I hereby proclaim that thou shalt be receiving via United Parcel Service one very long and heavy box...."

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
so just curious what you mean by announcing a ffl transfer?

do I need to contact the King and have someone with a scroll come out and do a Here thee, Here thee, with trumpets a sounding

that's a thing that surplus ammo pulls on people.. a great way to make money on the unknowing...

I simply don't use folks with such a policy...

Brad here who i use doesn't have that policy, I do let him know after the fact something's coming in, but even if I did, price is the same...

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Come in, fill out a form. Part of this is just simple courtesy.
We know who the gun is for, what it is, and where it's coming from.
That way we can contact the person sending the gun to ensure they have our FFL information, and we can ask for the information we need from them to keep our books legal. People have sent guns without any clue as to who they are other than maybe a return address.
It ensures that we know who the gun is for. People have sent guns without saying who it's for. Kind of hard for me to call you when neither you, nor the sender bothered to tell me who it's for. Then when three weeks pass and you're pissed off and cussing me out for not calling you.
It's also a contract. You acknowledge that you understand that you will be paying the Washington Use Tax. Instead of showing up and finding out you owe the state another $300 for tax. Then getting pissed and cussing us out.
We could start just taking the chance of dealing with all that crap and make up for it by charging more than the $25 transfer fee (plus $10 for each additional one on the same 4473 just to make up for the time it takes to unwrap and book in that gun... NO you can't let a gun sit until the customer comes in, it MUST be booked in within 24 hours according to ATF regulations). Like the $50 or $75 per firearm that others charge.
Or we could just refuse to accept any shipment we don't expect. Other dealers do this too.
It's not a way to get more money from the unknowing. It's a way to make up the time lost for trying to figure out who the gun is from and who it's for.

Anyone remember what I said about my integrity and how I don't need any specific job (because of having a second income so I'm not beholden to anyone for a paycheck) ? How I said I wouldn't be anyplace that lacked integrity? Well, I'm here.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Some pretty damn good reasons right there.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go to the next level. "All guns/rifles that show up unannounced shall have a five day grace period before becoming property of I-5 Guns, to be sold or parted out at our discretion." :bigsmile:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's your business, you can run it however you want, but this is a takeoff from surplus ammo and personally I find it is a way to make money on the unknowing.... that's the point anyway in a business is to make money....

I would not be using you anyway due to distance, but if you were next door I'd drive to the next ffl that does not have that policy....

If other ffls don't have that policy, they get my business....

I order online then just email my ffl, never had an issue, making people come in to sign something is really just a money making move...

Let's just admit it for what it is... a revenue source....

Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with a revenue stream, it's just inconvenient to have that policy and you end up with one time transferers as after that one time, you just don't go back

Last edited by XDM9cWA on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Edit: I'll start me own review

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

XDM9cWA wrote:
It's your business, you can run it however you want, but this is a takeoff from surplus ammo and personally I find it is a way to make money on the unknowing.... that's the point anyway in a business is to make money....

I would not be using you anyway due to distance, but if you were next door I'd drive to the next ffl that does not have that policy....

I order online then just email my ffl, never had an issue, making people come in to sign something is really just a money making move...

Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with a revenue stream, it's just inconvenient to have that policy and you end up with one time transferers as after that one time, you just don't go back

People who don't know usually call and ask. Then they are told about this simple form.

An email is still announcing, still telling the dealer that it's coming in. Your dealer is just doing things with less of a paper trail to protect him.

A lot of stores are ran by people who were raised in a different time, when a handshake was all you needed. Now if you don't have it in writing with a signature it doesn't count.
Go ask a lawyer for an opinion about it.

Should we have to hold onto a gun for weeks because nobody told us a gun was coming in? Should I have to mail a letter to the seller to find out who the gun is for? Or do I let the buyer call me a "fucking retard," because I had no clue who the gun was for because he didn't bother to tell us a gun was coming in?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jaysus. Chester laid it out clear and clean. Up front, logical, and to the point.

You guys gotta get yer inner vaginas cleaned up from all the sand that's in them.

Anyone who blind sided me with a mystery delivery without the courtesy of letting me know my staff was gonna be tied up dealing with their crap up front is gonna pay for the privilege also.

No free lunch in Amelika, runing dog imperialists !

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XDM9cWA wrote:

KInda like how doctors always tell you exactly how much each thing they do is going to cost before they do it. Oh wait.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
KInda like how doctors always tell you exactly how much each thing they do is going to cost before they do it. Oh wait.

I would if I knew... problem is it's so complicated, there is no way to know... so many contracts/back room deals with insurance, everybody pays a different price for the same service..

don't know why it's that way, I just work there..

and guess what.. people vote with their wallet.. they don't like the price, they don't come back...

so far I have more patients than I want to have and I'm trying to get rid of 10% of them over the next 6 mos so I can cut back on my hours.... so I must be doing something wrong..

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next