Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 the announcement? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XDM9cWA wrote:

I already left the conversation until you guys dragged me back in... so with your permission I'm leaving again....

as I mentioned before, it's not even an issue for me, as I won't ever use them with or without this policy, but I did refer a few friends to check them out, I'm just hoping they don't get caught in this "announcement" thing...

and I don't know what internet brownie points are? didn't realize I had any..

You never apologized for inferring that I am a lying storyteller. That wasn't very nice.

I shall find your clinic and steal all of the waiting room magazines, along with the hand sanitizer.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
You never apologized for inferring that I am a lying storyteller. That wasn't very nice.

I shall find your clinic and steal all of the waiting room magazines, along with the hand sanitizer.

no inferrence to you being a liar was made on purpose... :bow: my sincerest apologies... :pray:

for your troubles, I will tell you where they stash the new magazines and hand sanitizers so you can help yourself to them... just don't tell them I showed you where. thumbsup

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XDM9cWA wrote:
dan360 wrote:

no inferrence to you being a liar was made on purpose... :bow: my sincerest apologies... :pray:

for your troubles, I will tell you where they stash the new magazines and hand sanitizers so you can help yourself to them... just don't tell them I showed you where. thumbsup

I say nothing. I hear nothing. I see nothing. Probably a good reason to be at a clinic I suppose.

:peep:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is meant only as constructive criticism: I also would not transfer through a business with this policy.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

MadPick wrote:
When I buy a gun online that requires a transfer, I forward my order confirmation to my FFL. "Hey Greg, this is coming your way."

When it shows up, he lets me know. I go pick it up, and pay him the transfer fee and the use tax. Then we BS for a few minutes, shake hands, and everyone is happy. :thumbsup2:

Granted, I haven't been in the FFL's shoes . . . but I sure wouldn't want it to be much more complicated than that.

By the time the gun gets shipped to the FFL, the end buyer has already paid for it. I would sure hope that there aren't too many guns that are abandoned at the FFL by the buyer!

I wish there were abandoned guns, I would adopt them

sent from my apple pet

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On multiple occasions I've just dropped off a bunch of $$$ to Greg cuz the only thing I was sure on was the how much I wanted to spend. Soon as that's done I asked Greg to order.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:36 am

I've explained why we do it.
You can order then let us know since we have to send them our FFL anyway.
We're open until 8PM during the week to give people time to get here after work.

If you don't like the policy, that's fine. We all have our triggers that set us off or that we hate for whatever reason. I won't shop at a number of places for different reasons, human nature and all that. There are two other shops within two miles that do transfers, though they do charge twice our fee. We only charge $25.
I know that might read like a smart assed comment, but really that's not my intention. We're all shoppers, we all like or dislike places for whatever reasons, and as this is America we have options. We're not going to begrudge anyone their right to exercise those options. I hope that makes sense.

I hope you'll still consider us for other firearms needs and wants even if you absolutely hate the transfer policy.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:17 am

Unicorn I drove 50 miles to use your service. It was worth the trip so far.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:01 am

kc0yef wrote:
Unicorn I drove 50 miles to use your service. It was worth the trip so far.

I'm glad we could help you.

By the way, I'll call tomorrow to get your frame ordered. They just got back to me saying they received our FFL and their order department is closed already.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Well I got all my Parts from SARCO that didn't require a FFL Man that took a long time..

Now still waiting on the frame I guess??? to get to I-5 and them call me and let me know something, anything, tracking number???

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

See you guys in an hour!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 am
Profile WWW

woohoo

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:28 am

Here is an example of why we require notification before hand. Here is a Remington 700 that arrived with no information as to who it's for. Eventually the person will call or come in all pissed off about why we never told him his gun was here. Then he'll be even more pissed when we tell him it's also part of the recall for that model.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, I'm confused here. I might actually have something that could be shipped from back home but I am moderately confused as to what I would have to do.

The site says notification. What exactly constitutes notification? An e-mail? Phone call? Or do I have to come in and fill out paperwork letting you know that a weapon is on its way to you. I'm assuming that any FFL from out of state would have to contact you to verify that you are authorized to receive the weapon prior to shipping. If there is a form you want us to use it might be a good idea to put it on your website so it can be downloaded, filled out and all the info you need would then be ready for you. Right now all you have is something saying you have to have it announced to you. That is pretty vague wording and could be taken as either a simple e-mail saying 'Hey Dude, I got a gun coming, call me when you get it' or a phone call saying the same thing.

By the way, this isn't a critique of your policy. People should let you know when something is being shipped. I find it funny that someone would spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on something and wouldn't give a place a headsup that it is coming. I believe you should pay a penalty for having an unannounced weapon at your store. But I'm not sure what the process is to contact you.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:04 pm
FFL / Dealer

You have a good point. I'll talk to Tom about making it easier.

If you email me at chester@i5guns.com I'll send you a PDF scan of the form.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next