Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Tragic News 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, have you guys seen MAD Custom coatings' Facebook post? One of the owners son was involved in a horse riding accident and it doesn't look like he's going to pull through.
I don't know these guys personally, but have talked to them over the phone for some quotes and prospects for future projects, but they seem like really cool guys.
I've been praying for them since I saw their initial post, so I hope others can do the same.

https://www.facebook.com/MADCustomCoating/?hc_ref=ARQDDGLhIT5D_2_n4oko1wjXH849K8OLrlaNz3trtPAfZ6JHEPWmep-U0OMKXz-rRBs&fref=nf

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Folks,

I received some tragic news about one of the owners son had a horse riding accident and the outcome is the worse possible scenario. They will be removing life support from Isaiah tonight. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you can, consider sending a donation. We support a bunch of worthy causes on this site and this ranks at the top of the list.

https://www.gofundme.com/4qeyms0

“On November 19, 2017 around 1:30 in the afternoon Isaiah Simao was bucked off of a horse he was riding on his family's ranch. After he was bucked off, he was caught up in the rope that was tied to the horse. The horse kicked and trampled him as he was dragged around the arena. Suddenly he was loosed from the rope and lay unconscious on the ground. He was immediately tended to by his grandpa and uncle. Paramedics arrived within minutes and did everything they could to bring him out of his unconscious state, but to no avail. Isaiah was air lifted to Harborview Medical Center where doctors and nurses worked vigorously to figure out what was going on. Here is what they found and what we know so far: Isaiah is in a coma and not responsive. He has a broken shoulder, broken arm, several broken ribs, a punctured lung, a lacerated spleen, a broken pelvis, a broken leg and a broken ankle. He has extensive brain trauma near the brain stem. There is also a concern of internal bleeding. They are not sure where the internal bleeding is coming from. Not to mention numerous cuts, bruises and abrasions all over his body. His red blood cell count continues to drop and he is being given blood periodically to bring his levels back to normal. Isaiah is not breathing on his own and is on life support. Isaiah and the Simao family would appreciate prayers for his healing during this time. Here is a message from Monty, Isaiah's father, "God is good and His goodness is in ALL things! But what you need to know is that God is also the God of all comfort. The Lord Jesus knows as a man what it means to be broken-hearted and He is the great High Priest who knows our pain: 'Therefore, since we have such a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin.' We love Isaiah so much and yet it is such a comfort to know that God loves Him much more than we could even understand. To know that God is sovereign and there is not one single random molecule in the entire universe that escapes His sovereign control. That God knew that we would be here right now and it is part of His plan and governing in the affairs of men. Sometimes we can sit there and blame ourselves but we simply aren’t important enough to blame, if that makes sense. Who do we think we are that we would imagine that we could control or govern the affairs of our own life. It is at moments like these that we realize how little control we have and how weak we actually are. It is at moments like these where we cling to God, which as we’ve been learning in the book of Genesis is exactly where God wants us. 'Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.'”

The money donated through this site will go to help the Simao family cover travel costs, growing hospital fees, so that Isaiah's parents can be near him and other unexpeceted fees and expenses that occur in traumatic times like these.”

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

Praying for Isaiah Simao and his family.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man what a tragedy.

Prayers up.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are no words....so very sad.
Give extra thanks and think of this family a few days from now when your get to enjoy the company of yours (hopefully) and realize you don't know what you have till its gone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:30 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

The picture going around with that sweet boy and his brother is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I won't post it here so you tough guys don't have to break down like I did when I saw it.

Hug your kids. Tell them you love them.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw the picture. I read the story. My heart hurts as a father. I cannot even imagine the amount of pain that family is in, and only hope that they find peace.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad to hear.

Praying for the family.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Jesus, that is horrible. I've been kicked before, very surreal experience.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My God that is terrible. The picture got me as well. So sad. As I was getting ready to take my 9-yr-old daughter to her horse lesson I told my wife about the story and couldn't finish the story.

So heart-breaking.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This story messed me up. I couldn't imagine what they are going through. So sad.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]